AP Exam looms closer. Students shift into high gear in both AP Prep and Hamlet. Lear is cut short, largely due to last week's field trip. Hamlet will overrun past the vacation in 3 of 4 sections - additional segments applied. Deep reading was preformed with the 3rd Soliloquy and the station lesson when well but written results are disappointing.
Exit Comp (s)
Suspicion I rewrites
Tagging It writes
Spring Break Work
King Lear 6 / Hamlet 4, 5, 6,7,8,9
9. Play with in the Play
Oh how the world changes...in just one Act
1. Watch how Ophelia has her heart twisted
Get thee to a nunnery!
2. Check out the Face of the King
Blenched Visage in deed
3. They stab spies don't they?
(Polonius in the Arras)
4. Hamlet's little trip to England with friends.
(Why Rosencrantz and Guilderstern should have stayed in bed)
10. The vignettes in Hamlet
1. Praying with Claudius
2. Pretty Woman I & II
3. Bad people to travel with
4. Time Shift -- Aristotle again
5. Comic Relief
11. What to do when the title character won't die?
1. 50 ways to kill your brother ('s kid 4 actually)
2. The party boy returns
3. Ophelia - you are breaking my heart
4. Drinks on the house - Poisons
5. Just a friendly little game with poison
6. The wrap-up
12. Extension on Ophelia's Death (Full Lesson for Section 4 with segments in other sections)
1. Picture Write:
2. Flowers Handout
3. Discussion on does Ophelia know about Hamlet/Claudius?
4. Plan to kill to Hamlet (grave side) video
Exit Competency based on Sample of 28
Part I * Writing a response to a critical lens for Hamlet
Part II * Responding to a quotation either from Hamlet Wall Posts or the Tagging it Exercise
Part III * Character Study using any player except for Hamlet and Claudius
Synthesis Essay Part II * Writing a sample essay
Draft of their sample essay. Group will share and compare points and features. Students will use visual samples to helps in the review. General review of exam and essay questions.
American Poetry II (Mid to Late April)
Great Gatsby (either May or June)
Regents Review (Late May)
Face to Face
Questions 26 & 28 on Exit Comp
Point/Counter Point - Citing Sources
Argumentative Essay Review
US/Global History Links
Where does Hamlet come from?
Geography of Elsinore (Helsingor)
Education in the Renaissance
Parts of a castle
Add rewrite of at least one reflection
AP * also add sample journal from Frome