Calendar of Lessons by section
Test Taking Strategies
Finding Literary Elements
Notebook / Portfolio
Computer Research Hamlet + Theme
Double Entendre, Metaphor, Foreshadowing, Flashback, Plot
Extra Sonnets required - deeper Holday text
1. 2 Sonnets + 1
2. Paragraph Writes
3. Writing Sample
4. Notebook Page
5. Graphic Organizer
6. Teacher Observation
2. Poster Notes
3. Exam Copies
4. Smart Boards
Sonnets, Nonfiction Shakespeare's World, Hamlet
Adaptations (waiting for input/Order)
Station Teaching for Segment t (in the works)
Extended Time on Assignments
One on One
LEP interactions when needed
After School Tutoring (Bill-Thursdays)
(Teressa on 7 Day; Bill and Robert: School Days)
AP Class Alternate Lessons
ICT Class Alternate Lessons
Why read Hamlet? Is Hamlet stronger or weaker than R&J or McBeth? Where can we find Hamlet today?
Why read sonnets? What should we be learning about Hamlet? Compare the Dinner Party in ActI to Chapter 2 of Gatsby. What did I know, we learn?
(NOTE: #'S REDONE TO REFLECT REALITY)
Frontload (1-2 Days)
War of the Roses to the Restoration
Walk-in Quiet Read Sonnet 18/130
Sonnet Man & Cartoon
Play both versions
"My Mistresses Eyes ..."
Play Sonnet Man Sonnet 18
"How Shall I Compare Thee to ..."
Hand Out Work Sheet (Vocab Lec)
Work as group to fillout sheet (GW)
AP/Extra Work IND on Blank with additional Sonnets
(IND or Pairs)
Anticipation Event (2 Days?)
Themes in Hamlet
1. What makes the ideal Parents/Child relationship?
2. Who thinks I/they/thou am/are/art the smartest person in the world?
3. Is murder the same as killing?
4. Supernatural: Ghost and Devils and Angels and things that go bump in the night.
5. Some places I never heard of ... Denmark, Elsinore, Norway, Poland, Wittenberg, Paris
6. If my friend hurts me are they still my friend?
7. Marriage: Sex and/or Duty
8. Should people drink alcohol?
9. What I look for in a mate is …
10. What's more important: Family or Riches?
11. Should my choices effect who I am?
12. What is more important: Trust or Love
13. Should I live long or live well?
14. Mortality and the mystery of death.
15. Appearance and reality and the difficulty of discovering and exposing the truth
16. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
17. Dysfunction of family and state.
18. Is it better to laugh with the sinners or cry with the saints?
Student grab topic
Center Stage (like a fishbowl)
Segment 3 * On the battlements
Segment 4 * The Dinner Party
We are family ...
We are family board ...
Segment u * Portfolio Review * Postponed till return from break
Segment v Ophelia
Segment w Tagging It
Segment 7 Portfolio Review
Planning on the second reflection for first weeks in February
AP Exam Intro
Pink Floyd Sonnet 18
Under Construction > Departments > English > English 11 > English 11 Archives > Spring 2015 Scope and Sequences >
Weeks of Feb 1st & Feb 8th
Please find here the lesson segments for English 11 Classes. This a draft quality document and is designed for active use by the co-teachers and students. Note: This is the first unit with major schedule shifting between ICT, AP and General Ed. Note: Planning Meeting is usually on third period Tuesdays with a review and brief plan 4th period Friday. Challenging week as we experiment with Station and Parallel Teaching in addition to being an end of term and pre-Regents week.