English Department Goals SY 2012-13 All Grades (submitted draft)
Department Goal # 1
Improving Regents Outcomes.
1. To raise the number 65+ students to 80%
2. To raise the number Mastery students by 10-15
Each teacher will provide an action plan for their classes with respect to grade levels
Regents Outcomes in January, June and August as compared to prior years’ results.
Department Goal # 2
To create more shared writing content
Department members will increase the amount of shared writing in their classrooms and displays of such writing through-out the school community
1. Writing/Poetry Contests
3. Bulletin Board w/student writing
4. Newspaper/Magazine (on-line and hardcopy
Success as measured by number of activities/displays by the department on a bi-monthly basis
Department Goal # 3
Organizing department specific professional development
Department members will increase the number, control and content quality of our professional development opportunities.
1. Frequent sharing of Best Practices
2. Trips to museums and other cultural institutions
3. Book Discovery
Success as measured by number of PDs run by or with inclusion of department members over the course of the year